About Me

Note from Maria: I am a Registered Dietitian with a Master of Public Health Degree in Nutrition from UNC at Chapel Hill. I have a passion for helping people with nutrition & wellness, especially moms. Women & moms provide care for everyone else often at the expense of considering their own needs. I hope to provide good resources to you to help you make nutrition and wellness a priority.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Chicken "Wing" Salad

I love chicken wings, although I don't eat them very often. Instead put blue cheese and hot sauce on other things to mimic the chicken wing experience without all the grease. Today I had some left over baked chicken breast so I threw this together for lunch. I didn't really measure anything so the amounts are approximate.

2 cups cooked chicken breast - chopped (make it whatever size you like your chicken salad)
2 tbsp of Plain Greek Yogurt 2%
1 tbsp of Hellman's Mayo w/ Olive Oil
2 tbsp of crumbled blue cheese
1-3 tsp of hot sauce
1 tsp of cider vinegar
couple of dashes of onion powder

Mix all of these together and add a little of extra of any of these to your preference. I served this on toasted Ezekiel bread and served with a bowl of vegetable soup. It was awesome. I ate it cold, but I bet it would also be delicious hot or made into a quesadilla. I have some left over so maybe tomorrow I will try it hot.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment