One dedicated fan requested more crock pot ideas via Facebook. So here they are:
- NC pulled pork: Cook lean pork roast such as a pork loin on low all day. After meat has cooked 8 to 10 hours, cover with some sauce. Sauce recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Eastern-North-Carolina-BBQ-Sauce/ Serve on whole grain buns.
- Mexican chicken: Cook 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts and one can of tomatoes & green chilies on high for 3 - 4 hours. Use to make tacos, taco salad, burritos, etc.
- Chicken cacciatore: Chicken thighs/breast on bone or boneless but skin removed. Add any of the following you like: celery, onions, carrots, mushrooms, peppers and minced garlic. Add jar of favorite marinara sauce. You can also add fresh/dried rosemary if you like it. Cook on low all day. Serve w/ whole wheat pasta and parm cheese.
- Roasted eggplant: Cut one large egg plant into halves (or two smaller ones). Cover with 1- 26 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes and a clove or two of minced garlic. Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Serve with feta cheese.
- Creamy Italian chicken: Place 3-4 boneless/skinless chicken breast or 4-6 boneless/skinless chicken thighs in lightly greased crock pot. In small bowl mix one package of dry Good Season's Italian Dressing mix w/ one container of organic condensed cream of mushroom soup. Cover chicken with soup mixture and cook on high for 3-4 hours. Stir in one cup of low fat sour cream before serving. Serve with brown rice or whole grain noodles.
I am very excited....as of today, my blog has had over 700 views during its short existence. If you have any topics you would like for me to cover, please let me know!