About Me

Note from Maria: I am a Registered Dietitian with a Master of Public Health Degree in Nutrition from UNC at Chapel Hill. I have a passion for helping people with nutrition & wellness, especially moms. Women & moms provide care for everyone else often at the expense of considering their own needs. I hope to provide good resources to you to help you make nutrition and wellness a priority.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

My daughter loves watermelon, all winter long she asks when watermelons will be in season so we can buy one. I love it too!! Here is a picture of Watermelon Salad (those are not tomatoes). I local chef taught me how to make this, I promise it is delicious!! Here is the recipe:

Watermelon Salad:
1 small watermelon, diced (or 1/2 of a large)
1 small red onion, chopped fine
5 small cucumbers
8 oz feta cheese crumbled
juice of two or three lemons
2 tbsp olive oil
dash of salt
pepper (optional)
1/4 cup fresh mint chopped (optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment