- nutrition info: http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Food/Menu
- Chick-fil-a healthy suggestions: http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Food/Healthful-Lifestyle
- Chargrilled chicken salad w/ berry balsamic dressing AND hearty breast of chicken soup. Total 390 calories. Does NOT include croutons or sunflower seeds.
- Chargrilled chicken sandwich AND a fruit cup, 340 calories.
- Even if you "must" have fried food, the classic fried sandwich (without condiments) and a fruit cup is 480 calories.
- They have healthy choices listed for you - but this is the fine print at the bottom
- "Sandwich nutrition values include 9-Grain Wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers and cucumbers. Values do not include cheese unless noted. Salads contain meat/poultry, standard vegetables and do not include salad-dressing or croutons. Addition of other condiments and fixings will alter nutrition values."
- Burrito: 10 inch whole grain tortilla,chicken, black beans, guacamole, lettuce, cucumbers, jalapeno, grilled peppers, pico and corn pico: 448 calories/ 14 grams of fat (adding cheese will provide another 55 calories and 5 grams of fat.)
- Salad: streaker (no tortilla bowl), chicken, black beans, guacamole, shredded lettuce, cucumbers, grilled peppers, grilled shrooms, pico de gallo, chopped romaine: 444 calories & 14 grams of fat.
- Pick 2: 1/2 ham &Swiss on rye, 1/2 classic salad & apple: 460 calories/ 14 grams fat
- Pick 2: 1/2 tuna, 1/2 classic salad & apple: 420 calories/ 14 grams fat
- There are many choices from Panera that are pretty good! Tip - you can substitute whole grain bread on any sandwich.
- Baked potato w/ low fat sour cream & chives w/ small chili: 535 calories & 10 grams of fat
- Jr. Cheeseburger deluxe w/ no mayo and side salad w/ low fat ranch dressing (no croutons): 370 calories and 18 grams of fat
- Premium Southwest salad w/ grilled chicken and Southwestern dressing, 390 calories/14 grams of fat.
- Regular cheeseburger 300 calories & 12 grams of fat
- Side salad 20 calories & 0 grams fat. Low fat balsamic or Italian dressing is 35 calories/ 2.5 grams of fat
- Grilled chipotle BBQ OR Honey Mustard snack wraps- each 250 calories & 8 grams of fat
- Classic grilled chicken sandwich: 350 calories and 9 grams of fat
- Cappuccino w/ nonfat milk: 80 calories/ 0 fat
- Skinny Iced flavored latte: 80 calories/ 0 fat
- Chicken supremes (fried chicken strips) salad: 460 calories/ 18 grams of fat (if you have to have fried chicken)
- Grilled chicken salad: 305 calories/ 11 grams of fat
- Fat free Italian dressing: 20 calories
- Salads w/ dressing on the side
- Pasta (whole wheat/whole grain if available) w/ red sauce w/ fish and/or veggies.
- Could order a large salad and a pasta dish and split the pasta dish with someone else, or save half for tomorrow's lunch.
- Avoid: cream sauces, white sauces, cheeses and dishes such as lasagna which are layered in cheese.
For more tips for making good choices when eating out check out this link: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/healthy-eating-tips/tips-for-eating-out.html
Stay well! -Maria