About Me

Note from Maria: I am a Registered Dietitian with a Master of Public Health Degree in Nutrition from UNC at Chapel Hill. I have a passion for helping people with nutrition & wellness, especially moms. Women & moms provide care for everyone else often at the expense of considering their own needs. I hope to provide good resources to you to help you make nutrition and wellness a priority.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Herbal tea

When I feel like I need something to eat and I am not really hungry, I reach for herbal tea. I do this often at night, when I want to snack after to dinner, but I know that I really don't need more food. Herbal teas come in great flavors, Tangerine Orange and Wild Berry are some of my favorites. They are so good, you don't need to add anything to them. Brew these as you would regular tea.In the summer, I often serve them over ice for a cool treat.

Most herbal teas don't contain caffeine, but read the labels if you want to drink them in the evening. Chamomile tea can be relaxing if you need help falling asleep.

Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment