About Me

Note from Maria: I am a Registered Dietitian with a Master of Public Health Degree in Nutrition from UNC at Chapel Hill. I have a passion for helping people with nutrition & wellness, especially moms. Women & moms provide care for everyone else often at the expense of considering their own needs. I hope to provide good resources to you to help you make nutrition and wellness a priority.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Beach Weather....soon!!

Summer is steadily approaching and I will be making my first trip of the season to the beach this weekend with my girlfriends. It is truly the most relaxing weekend of the year. Moms...if you have never had a weekend away with your friends, I highly recommend it. It is great for you and helps the family learn to survive without you and in theory helps them appreciate all that you do. We go without husband or kids just a bunch of moms from Apex. We catch up and eat lots of dip & chips, fruit, salads and cheese. It might be chilly, but we will probably put on swimsuits to get into the hot tub if it isn't warm enough for the beach. This brings me to the topic of "putting on the swimsuit" which is dreaded for many women. Even women with great figures can still find something to complain about in a swim suit. This webmd slide show has lots of great tips and sums up getting ready for swim suit season very well, so I thought I would share the link....
http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-bikini-countdown?ecd=wnl_wmh_042613&ctr=wnl-wmh-042613_ld-stry&mb=

Hope you find it helpful. Rule #1 should be find a suit that helps make the most of your figure and makes you feel good about yourself.

I thought I would have more time to blog after I graduated from school, turns out things keep coming up. If you have any topics you would like me to talk about, please let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment