About Me

Note from Maria: I am a Registered Dietitian with a Master of Public Health Degree in Nutrition from UNC at Chapel Hill. I have a passion for helping people with nutrition & wellness, especially moms. Women & moms provide care for everyone else often at the expense of considering their own needs. I hope to provide good resources to you to help you make nutrition and wellness a priority.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Listen to your body!

I have been MIA for a little while because I had to have surgery this week. I am on the road to recovery while I am slow, I am feeling better each day. I have endometriosis which in some people, continues to come back. I am one of those people, so I up to my 4th surgery to help manage this very annoying condition. If you don't know what this is, here is a great link to explain endo http://women.webmd.com/endometriosis/ss/slideshow-endometriosis-overview

I often feel aches and pains and sometimes wonder if it is all in my head because I don't want to believe that I am having a new problem. Unfortunately each time, I have been correct and when I felt something was not right, there was actually a problem to be corrected.I am writing this to inspire you to listen to your body, if you know something isn't right, see your doctor. Your doctor should be someone who will listen to you and who will take your concerns into consideration when figuring out a medical plan. Some conditions can be cured with surgery or medicine and others can't be cured but can be managed. When you don't feel well, don't live with it, see your doc to see what can be done to improve your quality of life. If you have a medical problem, ask lots of questions, understand your treatment and learn what to expect. I am very lucky that I have an awesome doctor who is also an excellent surgeon. If you don't have a great doc, ask around to find one that is!


No comments:

Post a Comment