- Smoothies - throw a handful of spinach in a berry smoothie before blending, I promise you won't know it is in there!!
- Eggs - make omelets and frittatas with lots of veggies such as spinach, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and/or peppers.
- Make a breakfast burrito with eggs, salsa and guacamole.
- Add veggies to your sandwiches or wraps.
- Try having veggie soup or salad as your side instead of chips or fries. If you work away from home keep a low sodium soup such Healthy Choice vegetable soup at your office.
- Snack on veggies such as carrots, cukes, squash/zucchini, grape tomatoes, broccoli, etc with hummus or low fat dip. Bolthouse Farms Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing are both a great choices for dipping.
- Mix veggies into casseroles, soups & stews.
- Add steamed veggies such as squash, spinach and broccoli to pasta dishes. Shred veggies such as squash and zucchini with a fine shredder when you can if you don't want to notice them as much in dishes such as lasagna or ziti.
- Grill large veggies such as eggplant, squash or zucchini. Cut in half, paint with a little olive oil, add some herbs such as rosemary and throw on the grill. You can also make veggie kebabs
- Steam or roast veggies with a drop of olive oil. Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese.
- Stir-fry vegetables with meat and a small amount of oil.
- Make fajitias with lots of veggies and less meat. You can use mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, etc. Top with fresh salsa, tomatoes and dark lettuce.
Hope you find some ideas that you like to get your veggies in!!!