About Me

Note from Maria: I am a Registered Dietitian with a Master of Public Health Degree in Nutrition from UNC at Chapel Hill. I have a passion for helping people with nutrition & wellness, especially moms. Women & moms provide care for everyone else often at the expense of considering their own needs. I hope to provide good resources to you to help you make nutrition and wellness a priority.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving thoughts......

As I am waiting for my pumpkin cheesecake to finish baking, I thought it would be a good time to send out some thoughts for Thanksgiving!! I think overall the holidays are hard. We often feel like there are expectations of what should take place that really just leave everyone feeling stressed. So instead of striving for the perfect holiday, instead try to enjoy your day, be thankful for the positive things and don't expect everything to be perfect! Eat well, eat lots of veggies and enjoy smaller portions of the more rich items. Have dessert, have a serving of something sinfully rich & delicious, enjoy every bite and be thankful for it! Try to take a walk at some point during the day if you can, if not, there is always Friday. Try to keep it low stress....low stress is definitely a key to health, one of the many things that is hard to do during the holidays!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment